Today I have reached a new birthday. I am 2* and feeling good.
As I get older, I’m starting to understand that those things that your parents say, you’ll understand much better when you’re older. Things that use to matter just don’t matter as much. And things that didn’t matter in the past, matter so much more now.
The one thing that I can say about gettin golder is the best part about this moment is learning to not take things so seriously. When I finally got that revelation, my life became so much better. And if anyone has known me for a long time then they realize that was not a simple accomplishment.
But it feels good to not feel obligated to go out. Sometimes I just like to sleep.
It feels good to walk away from an argument and not care that I didn’t win. I always ask myself, “Will it matter tomorrow?”.
It feels good to be comfortable about the fact that I like cartoons and I don’t give a crap who knows it. (Don’t tell anybody else.)
Well this week as I was reaching the momentous occasion, I ran across one of those fowarded e-mails. The one’s that tell you that if you don’t forward your computer will blow in 5 seconds or that God will stop loving you. And I think it’s appropriate for anyone reaching a new age and wants to be a better person.
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay ‘them.’
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever, even ham radio. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name isAlzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6… The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them , at every opportunity.
Happy Birthday to me and Happy Early Birthday to you all.