You know what? Once you get past slavery, Jim Crow, blank stares when you walk into an all white establishment, and Republicans… white people are pretty cool. My white friends have put me on to a lot of things that not only enhance my kickin’ it, but have opened my eyes to a lot of cool things I otherwise didn’t know existed.
And you know what? I like it! I mean being a black male is hard enough, but trying to be black? That’s a full time job with part time benefits. It’s too hard, it’s closed-minded, and it’s fake to say the least. Why should I have to walk around with a mean-mug on, lookin’ like I got the bitter-beer-face 24-7 while listening to nothing but DMX, Gucci Mane, and Maino? Why should I have to drink glorified kool aid grape drink and Tampico thinking I’m really getting vitamins & minerals? Why should Tiny & Toya, Real Chance of Love, and 106 & Park be my must-see-TV? Oh no, sir! I need variety. It’s not about being black. It’s about being a well-rounded person.
So today is my ode to a few things white people have put me on… things that I thoroughly enjoy:
1) Jager Bombs – It’s Jagermeister. It’s Red Bull. You can’t lose with that. Jagermeister actually tastes better than Patron, and it’s more potent!
2) How I Met Your Mother – This show is hilariousness. I’m thoroughly convinced that Goldy or Iceberg Slim imparted all of their knowledge into Barney Stinson.
3) Judd Apatow – The director of Knocked Up, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Funny People, etc.
4) Irish Coffee – It can wake you up and cure/cause a hangover.
5) Bars – When you get a table at the club, it’s usually in VIP. When you get a table at the bar, it’s free. And it’s the perfect balance of drinking, dancing if you want to, mingling, or just chilling with whoever you came with.
These are just a few of mine. Name a few things your white friends have put you on…